Translate

Monday, October 7, 2019

Sissy car troubles

I'm on my way to the grocery store again, when the check engine light suddenly comes on.  Not knowing cars very well, I pull over to see what I can figure out.

There's surprisingly little useful information in the car manual beyond scheduling a trip to the mechanic.  

How serious is this?  Can I still drive?  Can I make it to the store and back home safely?  I check out my reflection in the rear-view mirror, ensuring my hair and makeup look perfect.  

I pull the hood release until I hear it "pop".  Sliding out the door, I make my way to the front of the car, stepping carefully in my 3-inch heels.  I find the hood catch and prop the hood up in its fully open position.

Leaning my elbows on the edge of the car, I do little more than stare at the endless mass of wires, ducts, and belts.  I close my eyes, mentally picturing the manly alpha male that will inevitably pull over any moment now and help me out with his big rough hands.

I know that I can make it worth his time, since this exact thing has already happened twice this week!

sissy car trouble

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure an alpha male will be very pleased to help you..in fact this should be his lucky day!..and why not, yours!

    ReplyDelete